Friday, May 15, 2009

Brief Post

I originally hoped to write the first story that I experienced and jotted into my tiny notebook, however time is creeping by and I'm not very quick anymore.

So as an update, another piece of the puzzle has fallen into place. Recently, I started hiking shorter days. Specifically, fewer miles. I take a long lunch, talking with friends, doing some yoga at a waterfall, taking in the views, and walk 9-16 miles a day. It's like the most gentle awakening; walking far enough to get home at a reasonable time, but also slow enough to let your body heal. It makes perfect sense, but the people closest to me, and myself, have figured this out, and are happy for it. I talked with a middle aged hiker yesterday who's planning 75 miles in 3 days. I feel sorry for his shins!

Yesterday I left the Woods Hole Hostel, and the proprietress, Neville, told us that she was thankful for the hikers coming through because they bring in the spirit of the woods. I'm going to ponder this for a time.

Ohh the yearn to write has passed. I have too much to say! I will write more when I visit my cousin in two weeks. However, I have a feeling the adventures and misadventures will start to increase, now that I'm in no rush, and I have medical insurance! hooray!

Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support. I am so blessed. Truly blessed.